The project "A European
YOUTH vision" aims to strengthen youth organisations active
on a grass roots level, as well as other youth groups from different
cultural, ethnic and religious background, in their work against
discrimination, racism and xenophobia.
Therefore the objectives of the projects are:
- to motivate youth organisations and youth groups with less opportunities to actively take part in European co-operation against discrimination;
- to provide a framework for (I)NGYO co-operation against discrimination on the European level;
- to provide the practical tools that grass-roots youth organisations need to translate the combat against discrimination on a European level to what they need on a local level and vice versa;
- to provide training for youth workers and organise exchange of good practices, to share experiences from their activity and to improve methods in the anti-discrimination work;
- to co-ordinate common European campaigns against discrimination, racism and xenophobia;
- to provide information on the European anti-discrimination legislation, as well as on the YOUTH/EVS Programme and its opportunities for young people.
Within the framework of the project, the following activities will be carried out:
- Research to identify youth groups active at a local level in the field of anti-discrimination work;
- Infopoint (through phone and internet) on and archive of intercultural youth work at international secretariat
- Conferences to plan and to evaluate the campaigns and publications, offering a framework for training, exchange of good practice and information
- Publication of campaign material and information (poster/newspaper, postcards, stickers, leaflets, etc.), as well as training material (training-leaflets, reports) and practical basic tools for co-operation (list of activities, CD ROM address listings)
- Distribution of this material throughout Europe.
- Campaigning at European level
against discrimination, racism and xenophobia.
The programme of activities
in the framework of the project is made by and for the partner
organisations in the project: the UNITED network organisations
in all eligible European countries working on all different aspects
of discrimination and racism, as well as for the new youth organisations
identified and involved in anti-discrimination work.
CD-ROM: European Addressbook Against Racism
Campaign POSTERS and POSTCARDS
Training Leaflet: Working with Volunteers
managing young Talents
Training Leaflet: Campaigning Get Active
Training Leaflet: History as a Cause of Conflict